Any construction, reconstruction, repair or change to any excavation or encroachment in any street, curb, gutter, sidewalk, driveway, storm drain, culvert, cable, highway light, or erects or maintains any pole, fence, guardrail or any other structure within a right-of-way, or conducts any traffic counts or interferes with the normal flow of traffic, or causes water to flow onto any street is required to obtain an encroachment permit from the Engineering Division of the Public Works Department. This permit requirement also applies to house moving.