PUBLIC SERVICE GOAL: To maintain and continually improve the safety and aesthetics of City streets, facilities, parks, medians, and City equipment at the highest level possible and at the lowest possible cost.
- Upkeep and maintenance of City parks, playgrounds, facilities
- Maintain City streets, sanitary sewers, storm drain systems, sidewalks, curbs, crosswalks, signs.
- Maintain and control City traffic signals.
- Mechanical maintenance of City vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with state mandated safety and air quality programs.
- Survey and prepare specifications for streets, sanitary sewers, drainage structures, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and traffic signals.
- Process permits and inspections for street right-of-way improvements.
- Create property maps and documents needed for official records.
- Provide effective street lighting through the Consolidated Lighting District.
- Prepare and implement the City’s Capital Improvement Program.